Trojans Denied by Beavers
Posted By:The Top Fan Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
After listening to ESPN tell me for an hour that USC must win all of their Pac-10 games by at least two touchdowns to remain in the National Title game picture, Oregon State made it all a mute point.
Oregon State lost on the road at Penn State in week 1, and returned to Corvallis a beat up football team with little self-confidence. For the rest of the 2008 season, the Beavers should have little trouble in that department. Playing with an air of confidence on their home field last night (the same field they beat USC on two years ago) Oregon State knocked off the number 1 team in the land, 27-21.
The Beavers came into the game as a huge 25-point underdog. But behind the running of freshman Jacquizz Rodgers, who had 186 yards and two scores, OSU is now ahead of SoCal in the Pac-10 standings. QB Lyle Moevao threw for 167 yards and two scores for Oregon State.
Southern California's Mark Sanchez threw for for 227 yards and three TD's, but when trailing 21-14 late in the 4th quarter and driving, Sanchez threw a costly INT that likely knocked Southern California from the National Title picture. Safety Greg Laybourn of OSU grabbed a Sanchez pass, and returned it to the 2-yard line, where Rodgers then punched in what proved to be the game-deciding points.
This game goes to show that we need a playoff in a major sort of way. Ohio State was supposed to be a top 5 team, yet SoCal destroys them. Two weeks later, the Trojans go down. The Big-Ten comes out fifty-fifty in this little round-robin of sorts; Penn State waxed Oregon State, Southern Cal waxed Ohio State, and the Oregon State beats Southern Cal...
We need a playoff.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Michigan's Jim Harbaugh has his staff, but can he fix offense's efficiency?
- Ole Miss publishes its written appeal to the NCAA, still awaits COI response
- Kevin Cosgrove named New Mexico acting coach during Bob Davie's suspension
- John Engler praises Mark Dantonio as 'honorable' as contract extended
- Ohio State raises pay for college football assistants to more than $7 million