ACC-SEC Top 10, Week 7
Posted By:The Top Fan Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
1. Florida (5-1) - The Gators have the best quarterback in either league in Tim Tebow, and athletes all over the dang place. This team is a serious national-title contender. The Outdoor Cocktail party is in three weeks, with the winner having the inside track towards Atlanta.
2. Alabama (6-0) - Who in the world would have ever thought these kinds of blessings would fall on the Crimson Nation??? But sure enough, Alabama is going to be 9-0 as their next three games are very winnable. Tennessee has upset ability, but won't do it in Knoxville in two weeks.
3. Georgia (5-1) - UGA has settled in to its usual spot in the national top 10. Now, it is time to see if the Dawgs can take the next step and win the SEC and perhaps make a national-title game. There is a chance they would get another crack at Alabama if they win over Florida in a few weeks.
4. LSU (4-1) - After the recent loss in Gainesville, the Tigers don't look as super-humas as before. But don't be fooled, this team still has talent-overload and will remain the favorite in the SEC West until someone takes it from them. They host Georgia on the 25th, but must look out for a trip to hot South Carolina this weekend. The Cocks are capable of an upset here.
5. UNC (5-1) - Finally! For the first time this season, an ACC team has cracked the Fans25.com ACC-SEC top 5....The Tar Heels have three out-of-conference wins in Butch Davis' second season. With UVA and BC up next, 7-1 is looking realistic. The biggest problem for UNC right now is that their loss is to VT, the team they are battling for in the ACC-Atlantic.
6. VT (5-1) - Don't count out Frank Beamer's team for one second. They lost the very first weekend to East Carolina, but have now won 5 straight. They have two tricky road games coming up at BC and FSU, so we will know more about this squad in two weeks. Beamer is a solid coach, you can bet the Hokies make it to Tampa.
7. Wake Forest (4-1) - The Deacons could be looking at big things if not for the bone-head slip-up to lowly Navy. That, though, is what keeps the good teams from being great. Wake has a great game-plan each week, and is fundamentally sound. But the Deacons must sharpen up if they are to move beyond the national top 15. Games at Maryland and Miami will tell us more the next two weeks.
8. Vanderbilt (5-1) - The Commodores were brought back to reality this past weekend by Mississippi State. This next weekend may see another loss to the Bulldogs as the 'dores travel to Georgia. A win over Duke on the 25th would make Vandy bowl-eligible for the earliest time in school-history.
9. Georgia Tech (5-1) - Under first year Coach Paul Johnson, the Jackets have made strides. But I'm not ready to writhe their ticket to Atlanta just yet. They beat Gardner-Webb by just three points Saturday for crying-out-loud! They have a tough-test at a rejuvanted Clemson on Saturday.
10. South Carolina (5-2) - Stephen Garcia may not know the Gamecock offense as well as his competitors for the postition. But what he loses in experience, he makes up for with play-making ability. His presence, after months of off-the-field problems, has sparked the Cocks. They host LSU this weekend in an enormous game.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities