ACC-SEC Top 10, Week 11
Posted By:Wes Mewbourne Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
Back by popular demand (actually, our fearless leader TopFan himself asked for it) is the semi-weekly edition of this week's ACC/SEC Top 10. Lots of changes, and a few surprises highlight the rankings this week. The one constant, though, is the debate over who should be number one. Let the fun begin...
1. Alabama - Though I still think Florida in many aspects is a better team right now, two key facts remain: 1 - The Tide has played off their game (with last Saturday being the latest example), but have still managed remain undefeated and 2 - Alabama has played two high profile games in the state of Georgia and has come away with as many victories. Guess where the SEC championship is...
2. Florida - Again, the Gators may end up being the best team in the nation, but they have that nagging loss...at home...to Mississippi...a team that Alabama beat in the same circumstance. Florida definitely belongs in the top two, though.
3. North Carolina - I know what you're thinking. How in the world is UNC #3? I'll tell you the logic. The Tarheels beat up on, nay, killed the Yellow Jackets whom we all decided was the 5th best in the two conferences. Meanwhile, last week's #3 team, Georgia fought til the end against a Kentucky team that received no votes at all last week. Sure it may be close, but for this week, the Tarheels are up there.
4. Georgia - The Bulldogs faced a stiffer than expected test against the Kentucky Wildcats last week. They persevered, though, with veteran Stafford connecting with freshman A.J. Green in quadruple coverage for the eventual game winning touchdown. A drop in the rankings should motivate the Dawgs for their next game against Auburn.
5. Florida State - A Bowden Bowl minus one Bowden meant for a solid victory for the favorites in the ACC. The found rhythm, and came away with a 41-27 win. Now they find themselves tied with Wake for a spot in the ACC title game.
6. South Carolina – Solid showings against Tennessee and Arkansas have the Cocks playing some of their best football of the season heading into the Swamp. Spurrier will try for the second time to beat the Gators in the Swamp this week, guaranteeing a rise in the rankings if successful
7. LSU – After horrendous showings against top 5 teams Florida and Georgia, LSU played a much better game against top ranked Alabama. All the emotion just wasn’t enough to knock off the former Tiger’s coach Nick Saban, ensuring the first 3 loss season in Les Miles’s tenure.
8. Georgia Tech – The Jackets were thoroughly outmatched, as they were able to get 326 yards on the ground, yet only found the end zone once…with 6 minutes left in the game. Kudos to the GT defense, though, for the first three quarters, where they kept the game interesting.
9. Miami – Four straight victories puts the Hurricanes in the Top 10 for the first time. Sure they needed overtime to take Virginia down, but with a victory over the Hokies and Jackets, Miami could find themselves in a rematch with Florida State. This time, for the ACC Championship.
10. Virginia Tech – Up and down and up again. The Hokies win over Maryland assures the Hokies control over their standing in the ACC Costal division. If they, and rival North Carolina, win out, Beamer’s boys own the tiebreaker, and the ticket to Tampa
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Alabama celebrates college football national championship
- Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold among record number of underclassmen in NFL draft
- Auburn president says more than half of Malzahn's new contract is guaranteed
- Texas athletics department's operating revenue and expenses both over $200 million
- Increased health benefits, schedule changes among proposals approved at NCAA convention