ACC-SEC TOP 10, WEEK 13
Posted By:Wes Mewbourne Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
1. Alabama – A week off before rival Auburn couldn’t have come soon enough. The Tide are hoping to be the only undefeated team from a BCS conference and cement themselves a spot in the National Championship Game. Stop a six year losing streak, and then win the SEC for the first time in nine years. Sounds easy enough.
2. Florida – Speaking of bye weeks, Florida finished up practice Saturday with a 70 point performance on the Citadel. This week brings a Seminole team that has never beaten the Gators under Urban Meyer. This week, Florida could double its win total over Florida State in games before an SEC Championship appearance (the Gators are currently 1-3-1).
3. Georgia – A week removed from their close call against Auburn, the Dawgs continue to prepare for their match up with rival Georgia Tech. Coach Mark Richt has never lost to the Yellow Jackets, and Jackets coach Paul Johnson has had an up and down year in his first coaching gig in the ACC. Could a streak be broken this week?
4. Boston College – The Eagles handled business last week with victory over the Deacons to maintain control of their own spot in the ACC Championship Game. Now, all they have to do is get past Maryland, a team with an undefeated record when facing ranked opponents this year. Oh, and BC will be without starting quarterback Chris Crane.
5. Mississippi – Cracking the Top 5 for he first time this season, the Rebels are looking at a breakthrough season. They are a Golden Egg and a bowl victory from tripling last year’s win total. Something tells me they might have a bit more staying power than last year’s turnaround Cinderella, Illinois. Nutt has done well in year 1.
6. Florida State – Should BC stumble, the Seminoles are right there to take their spot in Tampa. Their smack down of Maryland has put them in a nice spot, but a victory over Florida would be an even better way to enter into the ACC Championship.
Virginia Tech – 7. The Hokies control the other side of the ACC. After a win against Duke, Tech needs only to defeat rival Virginia to reach Tampa…and a rematch against BC or FSU, both teams they’ve already lost to in the regular season.
8. Georgia Tech – An upset win over the Hurricanes have vaulted the Jackets into a strong second in the ACC Costal division. Before they can worry about whether or not they make it to Tampa, they must first tackle in state rival Georgia.
9. LSU – A loss to division rival Mississippi has certainly humbled the Bayou Bengals. The loss insured less than 10 victories for the first time in Les Miles’s tenure. Though, if I were them, I’d worry about Arkansas next week. The Razorbacks almost dropped LSU’s season last year. This time, they could send the Tigers into a free fall.
10. The 7-4’s collectively – Seriously, after those nine teams, the rest truly is a coin flip. Miami, Maryland, North Carolina, and South Carolina are all coming off big losses. When I say big, I mean the smallest margin of defeat was 18 points (GT over Miami). The ACC teams here all lost a chance at a trip to Tampa. Maybe one of them will rebound this week. Then again, maybe not.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities