For All The Marbles
Posted By:Brett Haynes "The Top Fan" Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
Super Bowl 43: Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) vs. Arizona Cardinals (9-7) - 6:00 pm est, NBC
Super Bowl Sunday 2009 is here. The Pittsburgh Steelers are trying to become the all-time Super Bowl leaders with a win. But they must defeat a potent offensive attack in the Arizona Cardinals. This game should be a doozy, and the commercials should be fine, too. Creativity doesn't cost a dime - look for this year's batch of commercials to shine...
One thing is for certain, hair will be making an impact in this game. On one side you have Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals who has absolutely torn up opponents this post-season. He will surely have an impact in this game. On the other side of the field, you have Troy Palomalu, who is a beast of a linebacker. He grows out his hair in tribute to his warrior heritage, and a warrior he is.
The Cardinals were somewhat forgotten about after clinching their division early and then losing some late season games. Then they smoked through the playoffs defeating the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles - not a bad run at all. They have plenty of momentum heading into tonite's game, and quarterback Kurt Warner, a future HOFer with two rings already, will be calm and collected to lead them.
On the Steeler side, they have been here before, as well. They are tied for the lead for the most Super Bowl wins ever with five, the most recent coming just 4 yseasons ago. Head Coach Mike Tomlin and his group play a hard-hitting defensive minded style in contrast with the offensive minded Cardinals. Still though, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can keep his offense on the field with long drives, and he is usually pretty good at protecting the ball.
My call: I think the Cardinals just have too much firepower and will score enough to pull it out. Warner and Fitzgerald get it together late for a couple of scores and a 31-22 win.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities