Congrats, Katie and Chuck!
Posted By:Brett Haynes - Greenville, SC Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
I know this is a sports site, and you came here to read about sports. But every now and again, I use the main page to announce things that are important to me. So on this day, I am using this space to say congratulations to my sister, Katie (MissTriDeltTiger), who became engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Chuck Piontek, Friday out here in Crested Butte, Colorado. It was a very special time for our family, and so I thought I would share a bit of the moment with you guys...
Katie and Chuck have been together forever - or at least since high school. I have heard them, and others, say they have been together from anywhere from five years to eight years, but my guess is seven....What I am saying is that they have thought this through, and I have no doubt it will be a good thing...
We all took the "Red Lady Express" up to the top of Crested Butte Mountain. Katie, obviously, had no clue what was about to happen, but the other seven of us in our group did. As we "posed" for a big group photo, Katie was asked to get something out of our friend Aimee's back pack. As she did, Chuck dropped to one knee behind her. After a few seconds Katie turned around to find Chuck waiting with the ring...
She said yes... Or actually, what she said was, "why are you even asking me this question!?"
We all then took photos (in the 12 degree weather) for what seemed like several hours, and then skied the short run down to the "Ice Bar," an outside bar made entirely of ice about halfway up the mountain, where we drank champagne and took a couple of thousand more photos.
It was a great day, and I am happy to welcome Chuck to our family...Congrats to my very special sister, I know you are incredibly happy - no one deserves it more than you!
please discuss here: http://www.fans25.com/discuss-thread.cfm?dt=2427
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities