See Ya Monday Night!
Posted By:Brett Haynes - Greenville, SC Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
HAPPY EASTER! I hope every one of our viewers has a great day! ......Butler defeated Michigan State 52-50 in a great game one of the Final Four Saturday and will face Duke, who won in the second game, 78-57. This matchup will set the spotlight on the ACC trying to bring home back-to back-championships. But it will be tough, Butler is for real.
In the first game Saturday, the Bulldogs of Butler went ten minutes without a field goal in the second half near the end. But in the final minutes, Gordon Hayward scored the go ahead bucket, and Ronald Norad added two free throws to give Butler the win. You have to feel kind of bad for MSU. The Spartans have been in six of the last twelve Final Fours, but have only one crown in that span (2000).
Butler is coached by Brad Stevens, who at age thirty-three is the youngest coach in major college basketball. His team has now won twenty-five games in a row, and number twenty-six would make him the youngest head coach to ever win a national title in basketball (Danny Ford remains college football's youngest as he was also thirty-three when the Tigers won it all in football in 1981). Hayward had nine-teen points and four rebounds in the semi-final, showing why he is one of the top players in college hoops.
In the second game, Duke really, really surprised me. I thought this game would go the way of West Virginia. But Duke was able to handle everything that was thrown at them. On top of that, the shots were going down. Duke finished 29 of 55 from the floor. Jon Scheyer scored 23 points for Duke. If he can win one more game, he will go dowm in Duke lore as one of the all-time greats.
Brian Zoubek also played big inside. He had ten rebounds and six points.
Coach K is looking to lead Duke to its fourth national title - all under his leadership. The task will be tough, but I have not seen Duke play this well all year. A tough crowd will be against them in Indianapolis, but the Devils sure look tough to beat at this point. I truly thought WVU would win this game. Not only did they lose, but they were ran off of the court, badly.
So there we have it: Duke vs Butler Monday night in Indianapolis...
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett alternately praised, panned in record-setting career
- Question of the week: What is college football's best rivalry?
- Week 13 lookahead: Count on a major upset on rivalry weekend
- Chip Kelly considers offers from Florida, UCLA; turns down Tennessee
- USA TODAY Sports college football staff picks for Week 13