|Share on Twitter|
Whether your favorite team is 8-0 or 0-8, there is still something magical about the day of the game. This week the question has to be about the number one team falling for the fourth straight week. Alabama (Oct 9th to South Carolina), Ohio State (Oct 16th to Wisconsin) and Oklahoma (Oct 23rd to Missouri) all held the number spot and all lost it on the road here in October of 2010. Now, Oregon faces USC down in Los Angeles. It's funny how quickly things change. Just a few years ago, Oregon would have been the underdog in this one!
Once again - for the second time in three weeks - I will be doing the wedding thing. But this weekend it is to a much lesser extent as I am not in the wedding, but just an innocent bystander. Yes, my good friend TigerDoug will be marrying his fiance Olivia today at five pm in Clayton, Ga. A good time will be had by all, and I hope to squeeze in a good deal of football watching while I am at it.
And that brings me back to why gameday is so great. Besides just seeing our favorite teams unveil the latest in their histories of the future, we also get to see the rest of the college footbal world give us another week of something to talk about. For six days each week we talk about what coulda, woulda and shoulda happened, and on Saturdays we get to see not only if we are right or wrong, but we also get a whole new batch of topics to talk about!
For a guy like me that has a college football website, it's like Christmas 14 times a year!
So I am off to do a few morning errands before settling in for the USC-Tennessee game and the Clemson-BC game - both at noon. I will get to watch these until about 2:30 when I jump in the truck with RiverRat and head over to the wedding. We will listen to the second halves on the way...
Have a great gameday, everyone! See you in the forum later today!
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities