Back Like Cooked Crack!
|Share on Twitter|
After a hiatus, I am ready to give Fans25 and the 2011 football season my undivided attention. Cory Boyd, a former player of my beloved rival, the South Carolina Gamecocks, once so elonquently stated, "I'm back like cooked crack!" as he was speaking to the TV cameras following a touchdown reception. And while I have never even seen in real life the substance just mentioned, nor mean in any way to bring humor to a serious matter, I do find the quote quite entertaining.
Yeah, I suppose I am as guilty as Boyd is for using the reference, and I suppose I could have thought of another way to tell folks that we are back and ready to roll for college football 2011. But Boyd's words do in fact get the point across rather clearly!
In each of our first four offseasons, Fans25.com and I scratched and clawed our way through the downtime with articles and conversations about the "other sports." However, this was not the case in off-season number five.
As soon as the 2010 season ended back in January, I took a job with Carolina Pride, our sponsor. I saw it wise in those early months with the company to dedicate my entire brain to the new job. During that time, I was chomping at the bit to write articles, but was also taking a much needed break from the site to really gather energy for this season...Now I'm ready.
Now it is game day. Showtime. Time to get back back in the saddle. It is time to knock the dust off of my keyboard and crack my knuckles. It is time for articles and arguing and picking and predicting. Basically folks, it is the time of year when the only days that matter are Saturdays (and the occasional Thursday night). It is college football season once again!
So while being "back like cooked crack" may not be the very best description of just how back we are, just know that we here at Fans25 are indeed back for the 2011 season, and we hope you are, too!
Please look for the Fans25 college football preseason special coming out on Sunday August 28th, and daily articles from now through the bowls!
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Week 12 games with the most impact on the College Football Playoff
- Bold predictions for Week 12 in college football
- The biggest games for teams fighting for college football bowl eligibility
- Nick Saban says every SEC stadium is difficult for Alabama ... except Vanderbilt
- Wisconsin trying to block out College Football Playoff debate