Clemson Gets Closer
|Share on Twitter|
ACC Atlantic Division Title within close reach for the Tigers. With the defense surrendering more than would be desired for the second straight week, the Tiger offense scored 59 to make up for it. Tajh Boyd at QB wasn't on top of his game, but he was good enough (27-46, 367, 5 TDs, 0 INTs) to get the job done. WR Nuke Hopkins proved to be an excellent go-to choice with UNC putting focus on Sammy Watkins, and Clemson (8-0, 5-0) heads to Atlanta to face Georgia Tech in six days looking to put the ACC Atlantic out of reach...
I have focused on every Clemson game this year in great detail. And UNC - to me - presented the biggest challenge so far. They have a stack of guys up front that are nasty, and all day #90 - Quinton Coples - stood out as an NFL-type dude. I'm not trying to build these guys up into world-beaters, just saying they have athletes on both sides of the ball....
Kourtnei Brown, defensive end, was the star of the day for the Tigers. He scored TDs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to fuel the flame that was a UNC beat down on this day. He was a beast inside, creating havoc and putting the Tiger O (9 scores, 1 turnover) back on the field...
The idea for North Carolina was to shut down WR Sammy Watkins, and for a while they did. But Nuke Hopkins made up the difference (9 receptions for 15 yards and a TD) and Watkins still got his in the end (8 receptions for 91 yards and a bomb for a TD).
Being at Clemson games right now is different. The energy is out of control. People expect a big play to happen, and big plays do happen. The fans are having fun and the team is delivering. Who knows how long it will last, but right now, it is happening....
Wisconsin just went down and Oklahoma is in a second half fight, too, with Texas Tech. Boise's schedule doesn't hold a candle to Clemson's. A top five ranking may await next week for CU....
But a top five ranking doesnt mean anything if Clemson loses to GT next week and it is a one-week stay. The Jackets took it on the chin to Miami, and would love nothing more than to take it to Clemson....
Stay tuned, folks...this is going to be good....
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- College football's Week 12 winners and losers
- Ohio State, still trying to impress Playoff committee, blows out Illinois
- Wisconsin knocks off Michigan to stay unbeaten, still on path to Playoff
- Bad behavior won't slow Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield's Heisman campaign
- No. 2 Miami (Fla.) evades Virginia's upset scare