The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week Eight
|Share on Twitter|
There was some crazy shaking up at the top this week as Oklahoma and Wisconsin lost. Most of the top ten teams won big, but many teams in the bottom half of my top 25 lost. Here is how I see the rankings following week eight's games:
1. LSU - (8-0, 5-0) - Defeated Auburn, 45-10 - Last week: 1 - There is no doubt this is the best team in America at this point. Besides having a brick-wall defense, they can score, too. They put 45 on a decent Auburn team. With the way this defense can shut people down, I don't see, right now, how this team can lose. Next: At Alabama (two weeks).
2. Alabama (8-0, 5-0) - Defeated Tennessee, 37-6 - Last week: 2 - The Tide turned a halftime tie into a whipping. Three third quarter scores led to my near perfect prediction that UT would hang close early, then Bama would take off with it and win 30-something to something low. Next: LSU.
3. Oklahoma State (7-0, 4-0) - Defeated Mizzou, 45-24 - Last week: 6 - With scoring distrubetd evenly over 60 minutes, it is obvious that this offense cn score ans core consistently throughout a game. OSU is second nationally in points scored at 49 per game. Next: Baylor.
4. Stanford (7-0, 5-0) - Defeated Washington, 65-21 - Last week: 5 - The Cardinal were after style points as they put 17 up in the 4th quarter when there was no need. The Huskies were whipped by halftime. But hey, like I always say: if you dont want to get embarassed, keep their butts out of the end zone. Next: at USC.
5. Clemson (8-0, 5-0) Defeated North Carolina, 59-38 - Last week: - QB Tajh Boyd is #1 in the nation (tied with Kellen Moore) in TD passes with 24 scores, #7 in the nation with 2,379 yards, and #12 in overall QB rating. WR Sammy Watkins is tied for the national lead (tied with Ryan Broyles and Kendall Wright) with 9 TDs. The defense needs to tighten up a notch. Next: at Georgia Tech.
6. Boise State (7-0, 2-0) - Defeated Air Force, 37-26 - Last week: 8 - Not talking junk, but when you are fighting to prove your point with a schedule that doesn't help you out, it is better to beat Air Force by 40 rather than 11. I have always liked BSU. But my team is in the mix up top this year, so I am taking a closer look at them - right or wrong - in 2011. Next: at UNLV.
7. Oregon (6-1, 4-) - Defeated Colorado, 45-2 - Last week: 9 - I have always wanted a score to end with "2." Seriously. And finally - it happened! The lone safety was the only Buffalo score of the day in this blow-out. Oregon is rolling, and the only loss being to LSU could set up a rematch if things fall in place. Next: Washington State.
8. Arkansas (6-1, 2-1) - Defeated Ole Miss, 29-24 - Last week: 10 - This team is kind of on my watch list after this performance. The Rebels should have been put away fast. I know they line up 11 guys and all, but UM will be looking for a head coach soon, and Arkansas is far too superior to have allowed them to be within a score of a win. Next: at Vanderbilt.
9. Michigan State (6-1, 3-0) - Defeated Wisconsin, 37-31 - Last week: 15 - Here is your flavor of the day right here! The Spartans pulled off the latest Hail Mary miracle with a last-second dagger to Wisconsin from 44 yards out. This team has it goin on in 2011, but faces a tough task in five days. Next: at Nebraska.
10. Oklahoma (6-1, 3-1) - Lost to Texas Tech, 41-38 - Last week: 3 - The Sooners dug a hole just a little bit too deep to climb out of. After going down by 24 early, they raged back. But TTU had the answer, scoring ten 4th quarter points that proved to be enough to probably knock OU from the national title talks. Next: at Kansas State.
article in progress...
12. South Carolina
14. Virginia Tech
15. Kansas State
19. Penn State
20. Arizona State
21. West Virginia
23. Texas A&M
25. Texas Tech
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities