The Top Fan's Top 25 - Final Rankings
|Share on Twitter|
Another season has come and gone, and with it the Southeastern Conference claimed its sixth straight national championship....here is my final top 25 for the 2011 season....
1. Alabama (12-1) - my preseason rank: 2 - The #1 team dominated the biggest game of the season to win it all (even though I think they weren't the team worthy of that opportunity)...
7. Boise State (12-1) - my preseason rank: 7 - The Broncos are solid - they really are. But I feel that if they played a week in, week out tough slate annually it would see them as a 9-3 type of program (that aint bad)...
8. South Carolina (11-2) - my preseason rank: 12 - Despite losing RB Marcus Lattimore to injury and QB Stephen Garcia to being an idiot, USC put together a very strong 2011, capped off with wins over rival Clemson and bowl foe Nebraska....
10. Wisconsin (11-3) - my preseason rank: 8 - QB Russell Wilson was a major success as a transfer (3,175 yards passing and 37 TDs passing/rushing). Look for the Badgers to be back for more in 2012 despite Wilson moving on....
13. West Virginia (10-3) - my preseason rank: 19 - The Mountaineers, the Ducks and the Tide were the only teams all year to put more than 20 on LSU's stout defense. And yes, the Orange Bowl impressed me just a hair...
15. TCU (11-2) - my preseason rank: 10 - Another fine season under Patterson. If recruiting steps up any at all, TCU will be in the top ten for years to come....
16. Houston (13-1) - my preseason rank: UR - The Cougars were the latest team to make a strong case for a big college football playoff. With QB Keenum lighting up scoreboards, they could have made some noise...
18. Kansas State (10-3) - my preseason rank: UR - I am hesitant of KSU. Why? They played 4 real good teams and were 1-3 vs those teams (beat Baylor....lost to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas)...
20. Clemson (10-4) - my preseason rank: 24 - An 8-0 start had Tiger fans thinking big. But the reality is that the defense was never really there, and in the end a deflating BCS bowl loss to West Virginia showed this in the worst possible way for CU....
23. Nebraska (9-4) - my preseason rank: 11 - Nebraska fans are starting to grumble. They are used to the top 10 and Coach Bo Pelini has lost exactly 4 games in each of 4 seasons in Lincoln - not top 10 material...
25. Southern Miss (12-2) - my preseason rank: UR - If not for a loss to UAB, this would be the team that rocked the BCS in 2011. Big wins included over Houston and Virginia...
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities