|Share on Twitter|
We are set up for a train wreck at season's end as four teams have a legit shot to finish the regular season undefeated. Alabama, Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame are now staring a perfect regular season in the face. Then what? Who plays who for the title? Here we go again.
With Bama steamrolling Mississippi State, 38-7, they will not lose any votes. The defending champs are firmly planted as the nation's top team. But after that it is a mess.
Do you go with Oregon? The Ducks were up 56-0 on Colorado yesterday....at halftime!
Or perhaps you pick Kansas State. KSU has the leading Heisman contender in Collin Klein and two huge road wins already.
Then again, maybe Notre Dame gets the nod. Can you imagine the hype built up between an Alabama-Notre Dame national title game? Good grief.
Yes, I know there is a lot of football to be played still, and teams such as USC, Stanford, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas and LSU still dot the schedules of these four squads, each wanting to clarify the situation. But we are starting to see the end, and right now it is as hazy as can be. Four teams are completely alive for the national title - and none of those four teams play each other between now and the BCS Title Game.
My guess is that it will work itself out...some. I think one of the four teams will lose, setting up a 3-man race. In the end, one team will get screwed, and it will not be Alabama. Oregon, Notre Dame and Kansas State are in for the fight of their lives just to reach the biggest game of the year.
Who will it be? We will all just have to sit back and watch and wait and see.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities