The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week Twelve
Posted By:Brett Haynes - Greenville, SC Tags: Top 25
|Share on Twitter|
A lot of teams had impressive wins over the weekend only to not move up in my poll. UCLA and Oklahoma had nice wins over USC and West Virginia, respectively, but remain at 15 and 16 in my rankings. Of course, up top, there was some movin' and shakin' as #1 and #2 were both defeated in the same weekend. Here are my rankings following the games of week twelve...
1. Notre Dame (11-0) - The Irish have done it. Say what you will, but with two losses by the two teams in front of them, ND has recaptured the top spot in college football. Now, barring catastrophe, the Irish will play for the national championship.
2. Alabama (10-1)- And just like that, in one weekend's time, the Crimson Tide are back in it. They will most-likely play Notre Dame for the national title if they can get by Auburn and Georgia. How quickly things change!
3. Ohio State (11-0) - I know they are not eligible for the national crown, but the Buckeyes are one of those teams that just cannot be beaten. They went into Camp-Randall Stadium and won a nail-biter in OT, 21-14. Now, at 11-0, they finish up next week with Michigan.
4. Florida State (10-1) - FSU stomped Maryland 41-14 to seal up the ACC Atlantic Division title and move on to play (most-likely) Georgia Tech in Charlotte for the league championship. First up though is Florida, a game that could see FSU sneak back into the national title talks if some odd things fall into place.
5. Georgia (10-1) - The Dawgs hosted Georgia Southern in a warm up game for GT, on the verge of an enormous year if they can break the door down. The biggest thing between them and a date with a national title appearance is Alabama, and they get to play them. Tech is up next, and while the Jackets are so-so, they could really upset people in Athens with a win.
6. Oregon (10-1) - The Ducks lost at home to Stanford to fall out of the hunt for the national title. Though crazier stuff has happened, it looks like they will be on the outside looking in when the national championship chips fall into place.
7. Kansas State (10-1) - With a trip to the national title game their's to lose, the Wildcats did just that. KSU looked totally unlike themselves, getting thrashed by nearly 30 points at Baylor. A good season it will be, but a great one just flew out the window.
8. Florida (10-1) - The Gators put a goose-egg on nearby Jacksonville State. Up next is a trip over to Doak Campbell Stadium to meet rival Florida State. The Seminoles have beaten the Gators twice in a row after losing six straight.
9. Clemson (10-1) - Luckily for Clemson, the offense came to play, as the Tiger defense is clearly still a work in progress. A 62-48 win over NC State has a lot of folks in Tiger Town scratching their heads, hoping the defense can get fixed this week.. A rivalry game with South Carolina is up next.
10. South Carolina (9-2) - Wofford gave USC quite a scare (as I predicted they would), taking the Gamecocks into the fourth quarter tied up at 7-7. USC eventually pulled away for the 24-7 win and now travel to the Upstate to meet Clemson in Death Valley.
11. Stanford (9-2)
12. LSU (9-2)
13. Texas A&M (9-2)
14. Nebraska (9-2)
15. Oklahoma (8-2)
16. UCLA (9-2)
17. Texas (8-2)
18. Rutgers (9-1)
19. Michigan (8-3)
20. Oklahoma State (7-3)
21. Oregon State (8-2)
22. Northern Illinois (10-1)
23. Boise State (9-2)
24. Mississippi State (8-3)
25. Washington (7-4)
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Week 13 lookahead: Count on a major upset on rivalry weekend
- Chip Kelly considers offers from Florida, UCLA; turns down Tennessee
- USA TODAY Sports college football staff picks for Week 13
- AAC commissioner angry College Football Playoff committee isn't respecting Central Florida
- College football Playoff rankings reaction: What we know with two weeks of games left