The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week Two
|Share on Twitter|
Another exciting weekend has gone by, with a little shaking up in the top ten this time around. The Georgia Bulldogs bounced back by beating #6 South Carolina in Athens, 41-30. Out in Texas, Mack Brown may be looking for a new job (or retirement) soon following his team's embarassing 41-20 loss to BYU. Same for Lane Kiffin at USC. Though he is just 38, retirement from coaching might be his best option, as well. The Trojans scored just a single TD in a home 10-7 loss to Washington State.
Here are my top 25 teams following the games of week two:
1. Alabama (1-0) - An open week is a nice way to get ready for a trip to Texas A&M. Alabama's famed defense will try to stop Johnny Manziel and crew when the Tide travels to College Station in six days.
2. Oregon (2-0) - A 59-10 blowout of Virginia - 3,000 miles from home - was quite impressive. The Ducks were up 21-0 before Wahoo fans could get their wine bottles open.
3. Ohio State (2-0) - The Buckeye nation got a scare when QB Braxton Miller left with a sprained knee. The team expects him to play against Cal this weekend.
4. Stanford (1-0) - The Cardinal did not blow me away with ta 34-13 win over San Jose State, but I know this team is solid. The schedule sucks at first - two pasties and an open date - but in week four it gets rolling.
5. Clemson (2-0) - After games like this you take a huge sigh of relief that no injuries took place. QB Tajh Boyd accounted for four TDs in the Clemson 52-13 drubbing.
6. Louisville (2-0) - Teddy Bridgewater threw for four TDs and 397 yards in a 44-7 win over Eastern Kentucky. The senior will be in the Heisman talks all season despite UL not having a marquee game on their entire schedule.
7. LSU (2-0) - After two games with new OC Cam Cameron, LSU ranks #16 nationally in points scored with an average of 47 ppg. Kent State is up next before the SEC slate sets in.
8. Florida State (1-0) - FSU got the season rolling against Pitt Monday night and freshman Jameis Winston looked sharp. The Pittsburgh defense isn't exactly the Steel Curtain, but regardless, Winston is going to be a heck of a player.
9. Texas A&M (2-0) - Everyone in the country knows that A&M welcomes in Alabama this weekend. This SEC West matchup has been circled by Tide players since the upset the Aggies pulled in Tuscaloosa a year ago.
10. Michigan (2-0) - Coach Brady Hoke has the Wolverine nation on fire after a big win over "rival" Notre Dame last night. UM carries the bragging rights for this game off into the sunset...
11. Georgia (1-1)
12. Oklahoma State (2-0)
13. South Carolina (1-1)
14. UCLA (1-0)
15. Oklahoma (2-0)
16. Northwestern (2-0)
17. Nebraska (2-0)
18. Arizona State (1-0)
19. Miami (2-0)
20. Wisconsin (2-0)
21. Mississippi (2-0)
22. Tennessee (2-0)
23. Washington (1-0)
24. Florida (1-1)
25. Baylor (2-0)
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- How long will Saban coach? Will recruiters target his age? Ready for Clemson-Alabama 4?
- Police say Tyler Hilinski used Washington State teammate's rifle in suicide
- Kelly adds 3 assistants, retains 4 on UCLA coaching staff
- Maryland hires former LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada
- Florida allows 4 suspended players to rejoin team activities