The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week Ten
|Share on Twitter|
Half of the top ten was idle yesterday as Alabama, Oregon, Baylor, Stanford and Oklahoma all took a breather. Of the teams that played, #3 Florida State was the big winner as they pulled away from #7 Miami in the second half for a 41-14 win. In the Big 12, #18 Oklahoma State knocked off #15 Texas Tech, 52-34, in a key matchup...
Here are my top 25 teams following the games of week ten...
1. Alabama (8-0) - Nick Saban's team had the weekend off and will now put in the game plan for LSU for this coming Saturday. Two of the top names in college football (and owners of half of the national titles since 2003) will meet in Tuscaloosa in what will surely be a great game.
2. Oregon (8-0) - The Ducks rested their wings this past Saturday as they prepare for a meeting with Stanford on Thursday night in Palo Alto. The Pac-12 and national impact of this game is enormous as voters want to verify that Oregon is for real. FSU is right on the Ducks' tails, so while a win against Stanford is all that really matters, style points are also at play.
3. Florida State (7-1) - This game went as most expected, with Florida State pulling away from Miami in the second half to remain in the thick of the national title discussions with a 41-14 win in Doak S. Campbell Stadium. The Seminoles have basically just two tests left before the bowls to impress voters: at Florida and the ACC Championship Game.
4. Ohio State (9-0) - The Buckeyes are doing everything they can to put style points up in the race for Pasadena. They beat Penn State 63-14 a week ago, and followed that up by waxing Purdue 56-0, yesterday. The Buckeyes are for real, folks, and it will be interesting to see if they can catch a break (or two).
5. Baylor (7-0) - Starting in four days against Oklahoma, we will begin to know much more about the Bears. The first seven games were easy, and yes, Baylor took care of business averaging 64 points per game. But the last five games are all tough, so we will see what happens down the stretch.
6. Auburn (8-1) - With just 20 more yards of total offense than Arkansas (366 to 346), and seven less first downs, Auburn took care of business where it counts - in the red zone. The numbers in this game were even, but the Tigers turned their offensive production into points while the Razorbacks could not finish off drives. A tough finish awaits as a trip to Tennessee is followed by home dates with Georgia and Alabama.
7. Clemson (8-1) - Virginia proved to be no match for the Tigers in Charlottesville as Clemson put up 610 yards of total offense in a 59-10 win. Sammy Watkins - who most experts have as the #1 WR prospect for this coming NFL draft - had 169 yards and two TDs. Clemson gets next Saturday off to prepare for a Thursday night home game with GT November 14th.
8. Oklahoma (7-1) - The Sooners were one of the idle squads yesterday as they get ready for a Thursday night contest at Baylor in four days. That should be a dandy! OU is in the thick of the Big 12 title chase, but it will be hard as a trip to Oklahoma State is just down the road a couple of weeks after this tough trip to Waco.
9. Stanford (7-1) - The Cardinal are all set to host #2 Oregon this Thursday night with the national TV lights coming to Stanford Stadium. All eyes will be on the Pac-12 to see if Oregon - or perhaps even Stanford - deserve the right to be one of the two teams in the final BCS Championship Game.
10. Missouri (8-1) - Tennessee went into Columbia and left with a big fat L in a 35-3 drubbing to the home Tigers. Mizzou still controls its destiny in the SEC East race, but they better not let off of the gas with South Carolina on their heels. Trips to Kentucky and Ole Miss and a home date with Texas A&M finish off the regular season slate.
11. LSU (7-2)
12. Oklahoma State (7-1)
13. South Carolina (7-2)
14. Michigan State (8-1)
15. Texas A&M (7-2)
16. Fresno State (8-0)
17. Miami (7-1)
18. UCLA (6-2)
19. Louisville (7-1)
20. Northern Illinois (9-0)
21. Texas Tech (7-2)
22. Arizona State (6-2)
23. Wisconsin (6-2)
24. Central Florida (6-1)
25. Nebraska (6-2)
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Michigan's Jim Harbaugh has his staff, but can he fix offense's efficiency?
- Ole Miss publishes its written appeal to the NCAA, still awaits COI response
- Kevin Cosgrove named New Mexico acting coach during Bob Davie's suspension
- John Engler praises Mark Dantonio as 'honorable' as contract extended
- Ohio State raises pay for college football assistants to more than $7 million