The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week 13
|Share on Twitter|
#10 Oklahoma State was the big winner of week 13 as they destroyed #4 Baylor, 49-17, behind a strong defense. The Cowboys are as hot as any team in America right now.... #9 Stanford won the Pac-12 North as their 50-point beatdown of Cal was coupled with an Arizona win over # 5 Oregon....In the SEC, the stage is set as Alabama travels to Jordan-Hare Stadium in six days to face Auburn in what will surely be an epic Iron Bowl!
Here are my Top 25 teams following the games of week 13....
1. Alabama (11-0) - The two-time defending national champions got a shutout win over Chattanooga, 49-0, yesterday to remain perfect on the season. From this day forward, the three remaining games are all of immeasurable importance. Three wins will see them gain their fourth national title in five years - but they will be very tough games. Auburn is next, followed by either South Carolina or Missouri in the SECCG, and then of course the big one should they get there. This is when it gets serious.
2. Florida State (11-0) - With a cloud of ugliness hanging over the Jameis Winston situation in Tallahassee, the quarterback led his team to an easy 80-14 win over Idaho. Winston has 3,163 yards passing and 35 total TDs on the season, and one of his favorite targets is big, beastly Kelvin Benjamin. The WR leads a pack of receivers any team would die for. The Seminoles should trounce Florida as well as their ACC Coastal foe in the ACCCG, before preparing for a trip to Pasadena.
3. Ohio State (11-0) - As usual, the Buckeyes cruised to a win. All that can be done in Columbus at this point is to cheer hard for Auburn this weekend and/or the SEC East representative in Atlanta the week after. If Bama slips in one of those two games, Ohio State will slide into the national title game. Until then, major disappointment is being braced for. Ohio State has crushed nearly every team they have played and are a legit top-tier team.
4. Oklahoma State (10-1) - The Cowboys could play with anyone in the country right now - including Bama and FSU. I firmly believe that. They turned Baylor every way but loose in an overwhelming performance at Boone Pickens Stadium, 49-17. I would love to see this team get a chance to play for a national crown, but they may be a day late and a dollar short thanks to an early season loss at West Virginia. The defense is what impressed me the most against the Bears, shutting down a very potent offense.
5. Clemson (10-1) - It is loud and clear in the Palmetto State that Clemson has lost four straight to the rival Gamecocks. So despite the fact that Tiger fans have enjoyed a season of living in the top ten, a loss to South Carolina will make it a season to forget once again. Winning in Columbia will be extremely difficult as Steve Spurrier and company own a 17-game home winning streak and once again have a very good team. Regardless, Tajh, Sammy and crew will give it a shot in six days.
6. Auburn (10-1) - The Tigers were able to catch their breath a bit following the exhausting game with Georgia as they had a bye week. Now, the Tigers get ready to host Alabama in what will be one of the most built-up and equally important Iron Bowls in years. Not only could Auburn derail the Tide's plans for another crown, but they could throw their hat in the ring as an outsider to play for the whole thing. The winner of this game takes the SEC West.
7. Missouri (10-1) - On a road trip to Oxford, Missouri looked impressive in a 24-10 win. The Tigers put up 485 yards of offense, equally balanced between 225 through the air and 260 on the ground. Mizzou welcomes in Texas A&M this Saturday on national TV with a trip to Atlanta on the line. In just their second season, Missouri will win the SEC East crown with a win. South Carolina wins the division if A&M gets the upset.
8. South Carolina (9-2) - Columbia is preparing for the annual rivalry game between the Gamecocks and the Tigers in six days as Clemson makes the two hour trip to the center of the state. QB Connor Shaw has proven to be one of the all-time great players in South Carolina history, and he and star defensive lineman Jadaveon Clowney will play their final home game at Williams-Brice Stadium - a stadium they have defended well, winning 17-straight.
9. Michigan State (10-1) - The Spartans are just a play or two (and four points) from being unbeaten and right there with Ohio State as two Big Ten teams on the verge of the biggest game of all. Yes, Sparty lost at Notre Dame, 17-13, in week four and that is the only blemish on the schedule. MSU is fourth in the country in points allowed at just twelve per game. The Spartans finish with Minnesota and Ohio State at home, so a huge season and Big Ten crown are in sight.
10. Stanford (9-2) - Cal came into Stanford Stadium and the home team sent 'em away with a 50-point smack in the face. The Cal Bears are awful, we know, but Stanford still flexed a little muscle in a 63-13 win. Coupled with Oregon's loss to Arizona, Stanford won the Pac-12 North last night. Up next for the Cardinal is a home date with Notre Dame and then the Pac-12 Championship Game.
11. Baylor (9-1)
12. Oregon (9-2)
13. Arizona State (9-2)
14. Wisconsin (9-2)
15. LSU (8-3)
16. Louisville (10-1)
17. Fresno State (10-0)
18. Northern Illinois (11-0)
19. Central Florida (9-1)
20. Oklahoma (9-2)
21. Duke (9-2)
22. USC (9-3)
23. UCLA (8-3)
24. Texas A&M (8-3)
25. Nebraska (8-3)
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Michigan's Jim Harbaugh has his staff, but can he fix offense's efficiency?
- Ole Miss publishes its written appeal to the NCAA, still awaits COI response
- Kevin Cosgrove named New Mexico acting coach during Bob Davie's suspension
- John Engler praises Mark Dantonio as 'honorable' as contract extended
- Ohio State raises pay for college football assistants to more than $7 million