The Top Fan's Top 25 - Week Five
|Share on Twitter|
The Top 25 was shaken up at the bottom end more so than the top end this week. Here are my Top 25 teams following the games of week five.....
1. Florida State (4-0) - After going down 24-7 early, FSU outscored NCSU 49-17 over the final three quarters to remain #1 and very much alive for the CFP and a legit shot at a repeat national title. The Seminoles' famous quarterback Jameis Winston said after the game, "with our defense, we ain't fixin' take no L." Well put....I guess.
2. Oregon (4-0) - The Ducks had the weekend off and now get ready for a big game on Thursday night against undefeated Arizona in Autzen Stadium. The Ducks need to just keep winning the games they are supposed to win and stay firmly in the hunt for the CFP. The big game will come in a week and a half week at UCLA. We will know a lot more about Oregon after that.
3. Auburn (4-0) - I am not sure what you can take a way from a 45-17 win over Louisiana Tech, but regardless, Auburn is undefeated and ready to get into the heart of their schedule next week as 5 of the next 6 teams are ranked in the AP top 25. The only one that will not be ranked is South Carolina, who has beaten Georgia. It's about to be a wild ride for the Tigers!
4. Oklahoma (4-0) - The Sooners had the weekend off and now get ready for a game at TCU. Oklahoma has a pretty clear-cut path to the CFP. The road games are winnable for sure (Iowa State and Texas Tech) and the tough ones are at home (Baylor, Texas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State). Take care of business and the Sooners will be in the first edition of the playoff.
5. Alabama (4-0) - There isn't a ton to go off of right now as far as Alabama goes. West Virginia and Florida are two nice wins, but the other two games were cupcakes and Bama then had an open weekend this past Saturday. We all know the across-the-board talent is there, but I need to see the Tide perform in a huge game. The chances are on the horizon as the SEC West is loaded.
6. UCLA (4-0) - The most impressive win of the week might have to go to UCLA. The Bruins scored 62 points on the road in a decisive win over Arizona State. After not impressing in the first few games, UCLA finally broke through for a solid, eye-catching win. Up next for the Bruins are two big home games: Utah and Oregon. We will know much more about UCLA very soon.
7. Texas A&M (5-0) - It was a gut-wrenching Saturday for Aggie fans who are thinking their team has a very real, legit shot at making the playoffs. Arkansas - yes, Arkansas - took A&M into overtime where they eventually fell short. Texas A&M must refocus quickly as three teams currently in the Top 15 are up next (MSU, Ole Miss, Alabama). QB Kenny Hill can put himself firmly in the Heisman hunt with these big games.
8. Baylor (4-0) - Just like before, Baylor has snuck up the polls while not really playing anyone in the first half of their schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bears a we get into the second half of their schedule. Oklahoma and Kansas State and a few others will tell us much more bout Baylor. As of right now, though, the Bears are in the thick of things.
9. Notre Dame (4-0) - America's favorite team to love or hate is back in the national spotlight as QB Everette Golson has the Irish rolling and unbeaten. How long can he keep it up? We will soon see, The Irish still haven't beaten a good team as the Michigan win is quickly becoming less impressive. Florida State, Louisville and USC offer three tough tests left before we talk postseason.
10. Ole Miss (4-0) - Hotty Toddy, Ole Miss is in the top 10! Yes, the Rebels have managed to move up into the national spotlight but now SEC West play will come into play. The next five games are a murders row: Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU. Have fun with that.
11. Georgia (3-1)
12. Stanford (3-1)
13. Kansas State (3-1)
14. Michigan State (3-1)
15. Ohio State (3-1)
16. BYU (4-0)
17. Mississippi State (4-0)
18. Nebraska (5-0)
19. LSU (4-1)
20. East Carolina (3-1)
21. Missouri (4-1)
22. Arizona (4-0)
23. Georgia Tech (4-0)
24. Oklahoma State (3-1)
25. Maryland (3-1)
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Some Thoughts Heading Into the New Year
- URGENT Note About Pick-em
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
You Pick 'Em
Pick 'Em is currently closed for this week.
- Alabama celebrates college football national championship
- Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold among record number of underclassmen in NFL draft
- See first look at Al Pacino playing Joe Paterno
- Auburn president says more than half of Malzahn's new contract is guaranteed
- Texas athletics department's operating revenue and expenses both over $200 million