Week Two Predictions
Posted By:Brett Haynes - Greenville, SC Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
Well, I started off 15-0 last week, so a drop off the face of the Earth is surely right around the bend. I'll give it my best shot to keep things rolling, but in 8 years, I still haven't won the ever so famous and prestigious Fans25.com Pick'em Contest. So enjoy these hot picks while they last!
Utah State at Utah - Utah. Big. Utah, 40-17.
Boise State at BYU - Hmmmm. If Taysom Hill was playing QB for the Cougars I would pick them, for sure. But with him out with a broken foot, I don't know who to pick here. I think I will still go with BYU as they have a solid team and are at home...But it won't be easy. BYU, 30-27.
Oregon State at Michigan - Gotta think that Harbaugh finds a way to win his home opener over a team that is lacking fire power. Michigan needs a QB - it is easy to see that. But in the meantime, he will have to rely on hardnosed toughness to eak out some wins in his first season. Michigan, 28-20.
App State at Clemson - The Tigers need to take the Mountaineers seriously as they are a solid team favored to win the Sun Belt. Clemson should be able to out muscle and out quick them, but they must execute and not look forward to Louisville just 5 days after...Clemson, 38-20.
Notre Dame at Virginia - The Cavaliers are a struggling program under Mike London (a pitiful 23-39 in 4 years). ND seems to have put together a good team in Brian Kelly's 6th year (46-20 at ND) and I see them winning this one, as well. The crowd will be into it as these two academic institutions butt heads. Should be fun to watch. Notre Dame, 37-24.
Iowa at Iowa State - When a game like this pops up - and I have no idea who to take - I will choose the home team nearly every time. This is the season opener for the Cyclones, and the 2nd game for their arch-rival. I find that interesting and odd at the same time. Iowa State, 30-24.
Oklahoma at Tennessee - Gonna go Sooners here. I know the Neyland Stadium crowd will be jacked up, but I am just not sold yet on Butch Jones. The Vols are better than they were under Kiffin, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Oklahoma, 35-24.
Kentucky at South Carolina - The Gamecocks will move to a quick 2-0 after beating up on another basketball school. Willy-Brice will welcome its 81st season as the home of USC football. It opened in 1934. South Carolina, 31-13.
Oregon at Michigan State - Here is your game of the weekend as the #7 Ducks tangle with the #5 Spartans in East Lansing. Like a year ago, I am going to take the home team. This should be a thriller! Michigan State, 35-33.
LSU at Mississippi State - The Tigers get to play football after getting washed out in week 1. Their first test will be a stiff one as Mullen's boys will be ready. Gonna go with MSU to get a big home win to get their SEC slate going. MSU, 28-24.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Who Goes Down? Part I
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 9)
- Mid-Season Look
- Pickem Updated
- (UPSET 8)
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Bowl projections: Ohio State remains on Playoff track with Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma
- Heisman Watch: Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield leads but he's no longer the unanimous choice
- Baker Mayfield won't start for No. 5 Oklahoma against West Virginia in home finale
- Latrelle Lee arrested: TSU football player who punched coach charged with felony
- The bowl eligibility picture with two weeks left in the college football season