Upset Pick Contest (Week 14) posted December 2, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Here we are, the last week of this year's Upset Pick Contest! A quick standings update:

17 points - Spiffy

15 points - Me

11 points - HuskerFaithful, Go Utes, Brabel

6 points - CornHuskers, Dasyboja

5 points - Prozach

3 points - BigK3, Top

The basic point rules are as follows. Obviously you can only pick the underdog; I used ESPN for my spreads. An underdog by 3 1/2 points or less is worth 1 point if they win, 4-8 points is worth 2, and 8 1/2 or more is worth 3.

This week, as many of you know, there's an added stipulation that really make it almost anyone's game depending on how Spiffy picks. For each of the championship games, you can take the Riverboat Gambler option. For the Big 10 and Pac-12 title games, that means a Penn State or Colorado win will net you 4 points. For the ACC title game or the Oklahoma-Oklahoma State de facto title game, you'll get 5 points for Va. Tech and Oklahoma State, and for the SEC championship game, Florida will land you 6 points. All that said, if you go Riverboat and lose, you lose that many points.

I don't know what Spiffy has planned, but I want Oklahoma State for the 3 points. Might change to Riverboat depending on what other folks do.

Discussion Person

Dasyboja

Industry, PA

Fanatic

i will take Penn State, even though that won't help me win (not that anything really will I'm too far behind)  Just to be able to pick Penn State in the conference championship didn't seem possible in September.  

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Do you want them for the 1 point or do you want the Riverboat 4 points?

Discussion Person

Dasyboja

Industry, PA

Fanatic

definitely riverboat

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Timm - I have a question, I picked NC State to beat UNC last week, but I forgot to put it in this thread...It is in my preview article...

Any chance I get those points?

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

As for this week, gimme the GATORS...

CHOMP! CHOMP!

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Top, I'm cool with giving you the 3 points as long as everyone else is. 

As for this week, do you want Gators on the Riverboat?

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

yes sir

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I don't think Florida wins, so I am going to go with Okie State.

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

Oh, and I'm totally ok with Top getting the three points.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Timm - please change my pick to Oklahoma state over the sooners for the Boat.....

Just couldnt pick against Saban.....

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

Oh yeah, mine's riverboat.

Discussion Person

SpiffyGuitarMan

Birmingham, AL

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

If Timm picked Ok St, if I pick them then I can't lose right?  But where would the fun in that be.......

Despite beating Western Kentucky 55-52 a couple months ago, La Tech is a 10.5 point underdog.  Gimme the Bulldogs for 3 points.  No riverboat, though.

Discussion Person

Brabel24

Washington, UT

The only way I have to catch Spiffy is to go riverboat and Florida even though I think they will get killed.  Go BIG or go home!  I'm ok with Top getting those points too.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.