Note About Pick-Em posted October 11, 2017 at 4:23 PM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

The Week 3 slate is awful, just to be honest. Because of that, the Tennessee-Florida game is one I'd really like to include if possible. Would anyone be upset if I waited a couple days to post the games to see if they're going to play that one? 

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Been without power since Monday. Will update ASAP.

Discussion Person

SpiffyGuitarMan

Birmingham, AL

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Looks like the game is good to go, so the pick'em list is saved!

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

Um... the pick em is closed. Normally I make my picks fairly early in the week, but haven't gotten around to it. But it is Thursday, why are the picks closed? Were the Thursday or Friday games on it this week?

I will check back in tomorrow, please let me know so I can get them in if I can.

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

So i guess I am not able to pick this week.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Yeah CornHuskers there was a Friday game, and it looks like you tried to pick just minutes after it closed. There's no way to set the dates based on time, that I can see, so if we have a Friday game, the contest has to close at midnight between Thursday and Friday.

Ideally, I want to get all the games on Saturday, so it's not an issue, but there is a Friday game again this week because USC-Washington State is too good to pass up.

Discussion Person

HerkyOnPot

Iowa City, IA

Fanatic

Is the pickem suspposed to be closed already?

Discussion Person

jhinds

taylors, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Kind of early.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

As I said in my last comment, the pickem system has a 24-hour calendar. What I mean by that is, if I want to include the Thursday night game, it has to close at midnight before Thursday. 

Tonight's game is Louisville vs. NC State, one of the few ranked vs. ranked matchups for the week. If I want to include that game, the contest has to close the midnight before Thursday, or the contest will still be open at the end of the game tonight. What else was I supposed to do?

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Update: I'm currently working with Top on a potential solution that I previously thought would just mess things up worse. Hold please.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Here's the thing. This works better if you can just check the games and pick by Wednesday if there's a Thursday game. I don't think that's too much to ask, but if it is, I'll adjust.

What I can do is open it back up until this evening sometime so you guys can get your picks in.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

So you mean to tell me, I opened back up the pickem contest, left it open during one of the games that was part of the contest, and the two who said I closed it early still haven't picked? Come on guys ha ha

Discussion Person

HerkyOnPot

Iowa City, IA

Fanatic

I only visit this site about once a week and that was the day I visited...

Discussion Person

HerkyOnPot

Iowa City, IA

Fanatic

Im pretty much disqualified from it now I guess no point in really doing it now.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

No, if you pick from here on out, you will qualify. The games will always be there by Monday morning at the latest. I try to do them Saturday night so that they'll repopulate at midnight, but things come up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.