Mid-Season Look posted October 25, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

I hate that I have been MIA on here. Believe me...

Huge shout out to Timm for keeping things going...

Here is my thought on things as we have reached the midway point:

Alabama is the team to beat. For a while I was pissed that Clemson was getting the shaft of the #1 spot after beating Bama and retrurning an unreal defense and pretty good offense (even if no Deshaun)...But now that 8 weeks have been played, Bamaa is clearly the best team and are a Playoff lock if they can beat Auburn to end the regular season...

Penn State seems to be in a real good position to make the Playoff and they look STRONG. They just dismantled a Michigan defense that waspposed to be stout. The Nittany Lions have a few tough games left, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Playoff....

Georgia appears to be "back" under Kirby Smart. Are they Playoff contenders? We will find out. But one thing is fur sure: the Dawgs are a team to be worried about on a national level...

Clemson isn't as strong as 2016, but they could still make a Playoff run. The TIgers are tender at QB. If Kelly Bryant goes down, it is clear this team struggles on offense. The defense is fine, but the offense wil have to figure out a way to score points. There is no kicker currently. A Playoff berth is within reach, but it will be a lot tougher challenge than in 2015 and 2016...

Notre Dame - yes, the Brian Kelly Irish of ND - seem to be for real. They, along with Miami, are looking like they are actuallly really good teams and not just overrated by the media...

This is an exciting season - one of the best I can remember. Yes, my favorite squad just lost, so it seems odd I would say that. But the Tigers have al of their goals still ahead of them, so I am pumped!

The second half of the season should be insane!

What are y'all's thoughts on all of this? Who do you see in the Playoff?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.